[wxsig] APRS Transmission of Battery Voltage?

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Mon May 8 03:05:05 UTC 2006

Mark:

There are no official designators for voltages, so I do put that data into a
debug string at the end of a regular message.  If you go to
http://www.beals5.com/wx and select the project status page, down at the
bottom are definitions of the debug screens.  It is straight binary data
expressed as two character ASCII characters.  The first byte is the message
type and then the following bytes are the message contents.  The one you
care about is message type 01 which is the error counters and two bus
voltages.

I send the data once an hour rather than for every packet to keep network
bandwidth low.  Message types 02 and 03 should be rare as they are reporting
some internal data values if the computed humidity or wind speed seem
"suspicious".