[wxsig] Newbie looking for a basic unit

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Tue May 16 00:13:36 UTC 2006

Lee:

To confirm, it IS a kit (soldering required, no chassis provided) and it is
optimized for Ham Radio use.  The kit is just the base station and you go
get the various sensors that interest you.

If it matters, you have access to all the source code and can make any
changes you want.

The "project description" page tries to describe where this kit fits amongst
all the other kits out there.

I'm way biased :), so I'd better just offer to answer any questions you may
have.

To specifically answer your question, the minimum setup would be the T238+
and an AAG wind/temperature head to get you wind direction, speed, and
temperature.  The AAG temperature sensor isn't great, so a separate one is a
good idea.  Assuming this is for ham radio use, the only thing else you need
to get on the air is a radio as the T238+ provides the modem functions.