[wxsig] Re: win32 1-wire utils

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Wed Nov 8 23:57:11 UTC 2006

Bill,

There's nothing but 1-wire devices on the 1-wire bus in any of the kits
- T238 (all) and X1W (all). You might check and see if the diodes on the
1-wire bus and the +5V from the T-238 are OK.

I assume you are referring to the X1W-2, not the -1. The -1 is the
inside board with the barometric pressure sensor.

I would make sure everything works on the ground before putting it back
up on the roof - including a run of wire the same length that will be
used to reach the roof.

Also be sure none of the tines in the RJ-11 socket are crossed on any of
the units. Sometimes this will occur. If they are, the problem can be
easily corrected with a small screwdriver or needlenose pliers.

Be sure you seal the connections with coax seal.

73, John
n4xi

--
John Bennett