[wxsig] Still looking for solution :-(

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Mon Nov 13 01:07:16 UTC 2006

Bill:

Hmmm.  To the best of my knowledge there are no hardware differences between
the T238 and T238+ other than the modem.  For talking on the 1-wire bus,
they use the same code on the same micros.

The T238 is still hanging up at the "One momemt please.." screen?

Right after putting that text up that screen, the code goes and looks at
your operating mode setting (TNC DIR, TNC-LTP, Peet,...) to decide how to
initialize things.  Is there any chance you have picked "5-min avg (modem)"?
If so, the software would be trying to talk to the modem which on a regular
T238 is probably not hooked up.    If this is the case, go to the
"UART/Display Options" menu and pick a better setting.  I am not sure of
your TNC setup, so not sure what to suggest.

Hope that helps, if not hopefully we'll get it in a few more iterations.