[wxsig] Still looking for solution :-(

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Tue Nov 14 02:34:38 UTC 2006

Bill:

(adding in WXSIG again as this is useful information for others too)

In looking at where you hanging, I didn't read your other answer closely
enough.  I had a 60-foot run at my first house (I've moved since) and it
worked, but only with some very basic non-twisted pair indoor telephone
cable.  Cat-3 or Cat-5 cable did not work at all.  Others have corroberated
this with similar problems and solutions.

However, and more importantly, tee junctions have a very bad track record on
the 1-wire bus.  I know of several posts in the past years where folk had
such setups and were never able to get them to work until they went to
something that had everything inline.