[wxsig] Still looking for solution :-(

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Nov 16 04:32:36 UTC 2006

Bill:

Hopefully we can figure something out that won't require drilling holes and
venturing into crawlways!

Unfortunately your diagram didn't come out to well, can you elaborate in a
different format?

T238 Controller
?? Feet of cable
Rain gauge
?? Feet of cable
X1W2 sensor with humidity
?? Feet of cable
Is there something more?

I'm not ruling out a SW bug (easier to fix than crawling rewiring), but
would like to understand the setup enough to make sure that is where I
should be heading.

On the lockup, a few more questions:
  Does the LED continue flashing?
  I understand you do not have a TNC, but which TNC mode is selected?
  Can you hit the menu button to get back to menus or do you have to hit
reset?
  Can you measure the 1-wire bus voltage with a volt-meter with and without
the humidity sensor attached?  If possible, read it with the T238 hung too.
While running, the bus voltage will vary on a voltmeter, so max value is OK.