[wxsig] Still looking for solution :-(

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Tue Nov 21 04:48:13 UTC 2006

Bill:

This is enough data to really confirm that your setup is exposing some kind
of SW bug that I have not seen before.  With (I think) 100+ humidity sensors
out there and not hearing of such an issue before, I still sorta hope that
the root cause is something on the hardware side that is giving results that
I'm not handling well and that if you can find that hardware issue the
problem would "go away".  Ken Brown had some suggestions based on some
earlier experiences, so they would be worth investigating.  As I understand
it, your sensor is not very accessible right now though.

Based on the fact that the LED stops flashing and 1-wire bus activity stops,
it is clear that the firmware is crashing.

Bill:  Does the testhumd untility return the raw register values for the
humidity sensor?  I can quite easily emulate that here and can see if that
causes a crash on my end.  In parallel, I'll go off and look at the code and
see if I can see anything that could cause a crash.