[wxsig] Still looking for solution :-(

Will Beals will at beals5.com
Wed Nov 22 04:33:48 UTC 2006

Bill:

I spent some time looking at the humidity code this evening.

I do have a couple of pieces of code where I could get into an infinite
loop.  When I ask the DS2438 to do an A/D conversion, I go into a polling
mode waiting for it to say it is done.  I do not have any way of breaking
out of those loops.  If for some external reason the DS2438 cannot complete
the conversion, the T238 will hang instead of simply reporting an error and
moving on.

This may or may not be the problem, but is clearly an exposure.  I'll work
on a test version of the T238 code that will address that issue and we can
see if it solves your crashing problem.  If it does, it probably means
you'll get error messages instead of humidity data, but at least we'll be
isolating things.