[wxsig] Lightning damage

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Nov 25 23:26:37 UTC 2006

More to the point, you should add a good lightning rod and serious
grounding cable to a goo dearth ground.  Remember that a mast sitting on
the ground, or a tower section in concrete are not good grounding systems.

For research-grade mesonet and NWS weather station installations, the
norm is as indicated above.

gerry