[wxsig] Lightning damage

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Nov 26 15:07:52 UTC 2006

I've had less than stellar performance with Ufer grounding systems, and
as at least one website mentiones, a ground rod is required... which you
recognize and use.

But your explanation here makes more sense.  Polyphaser makes some
serial and RJ-45 protection that works pretty well.  www.polyphaser.com

I also recall starting to see ads in QST and such for this sort of thing.

Nearby hits induce significant current in unprotected lines, too.  Worry
about these as neaby strikes can cause nearly as much carnage as a
direct hit.

gerry