[wxsig] Need t238 help

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 22 17:06:33 UTC 2006

Hey Bill,

Sorry you are having problems.

I take it that when you tested everything on the ground it worked? As I
mentioned in the manual, I had problems with longer runs. That's why in
rev 2 power was hard-wired to the +5V bus. Just too many errors
otherwise. This problem did not surface until I put the board at the end
of a relatively long run.

If you have a serial adaptor, I would suggest running tstfind in the
1-Wire utilities. It tstfind sees the humidity sensor (DS2438), then run
gethumd. It should read the sensor. You can also take the humidity
sensor out of the circuit by removing the jumper at H on the X1W-2
board.

Hope this helps.

John
n4xi