[wxsig] A little more help - or - pointer needed

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 23 00:08:37 UTC 2006

Hey Bill,

The 1-Wire utilities I am speaking of should be available on the Dallas
(now Maxim) site under software development, SDK or something of the
like in the 1-Wire area. It's not easy to find - it's like they tried to
hide it or something. They are not part of the utilities that Will
provides.

AAG also has a serial adaptor. Might check them out. As I last remember,
Maxim doubled or trippled the price on the RS-232 adaptor. Add in the
shipping and you wind up paying $30-$40. They have a reliability problem
as well. That's why I included the circuit in the X1W-1. I developed a
stand-alone prototype, but never really gave much thought to providing
it as a kit. If there's ***sufficient interest***, we could probably do
that.

If you can't find the zip package let me know. I believe I still have
the Win32 stuff around somewhere. If you are using Linux, have that one
for sure.

John
n4xi