[wxsig] APRS Weather Station

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Fri Sep 8 04:28:54 UTC 2006

Sounds like you found your problem (i.e., you have a version prior to
"version 3.0"). That being the case, switch the jumpers on the -1 and -2
accordingly. If not, read on.

When you run the T238+ directly into the anemometer (i.e., X1W kits are
*not* in the line) does it still short?

If yes, disconnect the T-238+ and reconnect the X1W-1 and X1W-2. Jump
the X1W-1 to supply power to the bus (normally not be jumped if using
the T-238). Power up. If the short does not exist, enable and connect
the RS-232 port on the X1W-1. Use the 1-wire 'tstfind' utility to see if
it sees all the devices. Should be a long repeating list - see the X1W-1
docs for the IDs. This will confirm that the -1 and -2 kits are jumpered
correctly. If all this works, then the problem is in the T-238+. There
was discussion in the group earlier about this same problem (less the
X1W kits, however).

If no, double-check jumpers on the X1W-1 and X1W-2. Try the -1 and -2
separately to see which one is causing the problem.

Let me know if this helps - or not. I will give the problem another look
if not.

73,
John
n4xi