[russ at wxqa.com: RE: [wxsig] T238+ Characters and Heat...]

AD7MI scotthedberg at msn.com
Sat Sep 30 01:34:37 UTC 2006

Will,

Ok - I pulled the T238+ out of the box again and did some testing with the
modem detached.

(1) The regulator no longer gets hot.
(2) Still have the black squares.
(3) "Heartbeat" LED still acts as described when the power is applied.
(4) Did I plug the LCD module in one pin off?  I don't believe so, but I
guess it is possible.
(5) No other components are hot.
(6) I re-did the +5V checks listed on page 9 of 11 and +5V, >8V, and <-8V
checks on page 10 of 11.  All measurements are good.
(7) "try measuring the +5V rail with the problem" - I'm not sure how I would
do this.... sorry, poli sci major here - guess I should have picked better
electives in school.

Do I need to order another kit and give it another go?

73 Scott AD7MI