[wxsig] Lost Wind Direction

William Beals will at beals5.com
Sat Apr 21 03:32:25 UTC 2007

Butch:

Hmm...  This is a new one to me, but it does look like you may be on to
something.  Can you tell me what wind sensor you have.  There are two kinds
out there.  Best way to tell is during the programming sequence for the wind
direction do you have to turn the wind vane around three times then point
north, or  are you just asked to point north?

I've been using modem mode for many years now (and suspect many others have
too), so am pretty sure it is not an "everywhere" bug.  Hence I'm suspecting
there may be something else about your setup that when combined with Modem
mode is making this happen.  Some basic questions:

1) What software revision are you using.
2) Are you on findu.com?  If so, what callsign?  I get to see some good
debug data if so.
3) What other sensors do you have?
4) How long are your cables?
5) I get the impression the station worked for a while, anything change from
when it used to work?
6) Does the wind direction error counter increment on the error display
page?