[wxsig] RE: t238 (no +)

William Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Apr 26 03:42:32 UTC 2007

John:

Thanks for the summary (and for posting to wxsig).

I do try hard to ensure that every time I use a new flash location that a
value of 0x00 or 0xff is considered uninitialized, but that is something
very hard to do regression testing on.  There is a chance that I missed
something.  I did go over the release notes and in Rev 1.15.7 I do say I
fixed a bug that messed up wind direction readings specifically while in
modem mode.  I know you are not using the modem, but maybe that bug showed
up other places.  If you are using 1.15.8 (latest published version), that
bug should be gone.

By the way, I did go look at your raw data on findu.com and the data for
n4xi-9 is not from a T238.  The identifier at the end of a T238 packet is
e1w, for the n4xi-9 data it is nu2k which I assume is an Ultimeter 2000. Was
that a typo on the SSID?