[wxsig] RE: t238 (no +)

Lee Mairs (SAG) lmairs at sagcorp.com
Sat Apr 28 15:51:20 UTC 2007

This has been a good thread for me the owner of a LaCrosse Professional
Remote Weather Station.  I was considering popping $500 for one of the
high roller stations when my neighbor bought a LaCrosse for $250.  A bit
of snooping on th4 internet revealed a similar LaCrosse station for only
$144 on Amazon.com of all places.

I am using the wind and rain sensors hard wired to the temp/barometric
pressure unit and then RF linked to the display box in the house which
also plugs into an old laptop.  Aside from an erroneous report of 55
inches of rain the other night, it seems to work OK.  The free software
(HeavyWeather) logs data onto the computer and will enable it to develop
a web page if I get around to reading that section of the manual!

One bad thing is that the data is sent to the display only every 2.5
minutes or so if the wind isn't blowing.  It will send every 8 seconds
if I hard wirte it to the data display and PC.  I am thinking about
trying that for awhile.

73 de Lee
KM4YY/8