[wxsig] Screw Sizes

Mike Barelli w0maf barelmic at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 17:10:12 UTC 2007

I have the 238+ and the old prototype 238.
You can find data at w0maf-1
Good kit if you can find a good case to put it in.  The Bray Baro is what I use.  My rain guage is not on line yet.
I do need to update the ram to the current ver.  I have put that off for now.
Good luck
73

kf4ffn at bellsouth.net wrote: I'm considering a 238+ kit. Been using Peet for years and looking for a more economical setup. Request list of callsigns on aprs using "238+" that I might see results on findu.   bobKF4FFN

-------------- Original message from Peter Lutz : --------------

> I believe size 2 screws often have 56 threads / inch and
> size 3 screws have 48 threads / inch.
>
> Kent Ochs wrote:
> > > The 238+ Assembly Guide lists the screws used in this project as
> 6-60. I'm wondering if this is a typo as I am unable to locate any
> suppliers of this size screw. Could someone in the group clarify the
> screw size used in this project and possibly point me in the direction
> of a supplier if the size is indeed 6.60.
> > >
> > > Many thanks and happy holidays.
> > >
> > > Kent
> > > W9KAO
>
> Peter