[wxsig] X1W-2 Fan

Randy n6abm at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 16:38:50 UTC 2007

I have a fan in my flower pot pagoda (radiation shield). It is powered
by solar cells. I simply used a 7812 regulator to limit the voltage. The
fan is one removed from an old computer.  I used a solar panel I had
hanging around it is rated at about 12V 500mv. The spikes I was getting
through the part of the day where the sun hit my shield were eliminated.

Then I bought a different station and it seems to work quite well with
the supplied passive shield. So the home brew station is no longer on line.

Randy
N6ABM
CW1840