[wxsig] wind sensor prob

John Yost k3yjp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 20:26:30 UTC 2007

Tnx will,
I am using the AAG Electonica v3 weather senors.
Modem  board not connected.

Bus voltage was 4.94, Bat volt = 8.8 from the status
screen.

Measured bus voltage varied from 4.6 to 4.94.  I
suspect that the voltage probably dropped lower but my
meter isn't fast enough to track it.

Cleaned the RJ11 and that seemed to help some, got
wind direction.

Poked around on the board and found that the voltage
at the processor (pins 23,24,25) is steady at 4.94
volts, but it was jumping around at the connector.
Redid all the solder joints - no improvement.

Since the AAG will accept external power and the T238
can supply that power, I connected those lines.  Works
great.  Temp, wind speed and direction and error
counters are all zero!  Bus voltage still jumps around
as before.

I'm going to try putting a jumper from the processor
to R16 to see if that will improve that connect.
Also, I need to check the actual value of R16, guess
it could be off.  Would like to see it work properly
before expanding to other sensors.

Thoughts?

john