[wxsig] wind sensor prob

John Yost k3yjp at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 20:54:58 UTC 2007

Latest update,

The voltages at the processor pins for the 1-wire bus
are the same at the connector - maybe I wasn't on the
right pins before, it was getting late.

The unit seems to be working fine so far.  I measured
the current draw for the AAG Electronica V3 sensor
and, not surprisingly, found it varied all over.  The
+5 power line ran 20-240 ma and the 1-wire bus is
30-210ma.  Not sure, but that looks like a lot of
current for this device.  Seems that the T238 wouldn't
want to support many devices if they all draw this
kind of current.

Now, lets see if the modem will send, haven't seen the
LED's light yet, hopefully I just haven't caught them.
  They worked during the circuit test.

This sure has been a fun experience, in spite of the
frustration for a while.

Thanks for any suggestions.

john