[wxsig] X1W-1 i-button clock

Joe S. Borovetz wa5vms at tapr.org
Fri Feb 23 15:11:37 UTC 2007

The DS1994 is programmed when initialized to run for a specific period
of time.

I wasted a few hours before I figured this out. Look in the
documentation for the 1994 and set the clock for the maximum period of
time out time that it can be programmed for. This would end up being
some point at least 10 years from now. Download the info sheet on the
1994 and read it for the correct setup.

The chief function of the 1994 is to be installed in a piece of
equipment and, when a specific set time has passed, the 1994 times out
and disables the equipment until a service tech does preventative
maintenance and then resets the clock.

My 1994 has been running for over 6 months with no problems after I made
the change.

Joe