[wxsig] T238 Signal Conditioning

William Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Jan 4 05:16:01 UTC 2007

Rich:

Sorry for taking a bit to respond, I had a hard drive crash (my first ever)
new years weekend, so been rebuilding my electronic life.  Backups are
good!!!

The T238 is not adaptive, so I can't think of a good reason why several
minutes would make things better.  The basic signalling is all digital, so I
can't think of much to adapt to.  I am surprized to hear your results, my
personal experience and that of others on the reflector has been that Cat5
in general seems to be worse than regular telephone cord in terms of
distance to be covered reliably.  Don't argue with success though, enjoy it!