[wxsig] Setting up a Davis ProVantage II and a KPC-3

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 02:15:53 UTC 2007

I have recently been enlisted to help a local ham with the installation and
setup of a Davis ProVantage II WX station and a KPC-3 TNC to output weather
data on APRS. I don't know hardly anything about either one of these units,
so it's going to be real interesting when the time comes (this saturday).
Everything I am reading suggests that there needs to be seperate software
running on a PC instead of going to the TNC directly.

He is just interested in using this setup for weather data only, does not
care about anything beyond that. Will he need more than 1 comport available,
for instance, one to the TNC, and one to the WX station?

Anyone know of a guide or have experience with these types of setups?

tnx and 73's de N1VLV
Stephen