[wxsig] b4 I buy?

wn0x at earthlink.net wn0x at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 13 15:57:42 UTC 2007

Will,

Does the BP sensor from HobbyBoards work equally well with the T238 as the unit from TAPR?  Humidity sensor?

As for cost:
PC $500
TNC $209
Cables, Electricity Etc - $50

Weather reporting system that runs 24/7 whether my home computer or internet connection is working:  Priceless

BTW:  Replaced the CAT5 with standard 6 conductor phone cable and my error rate dropped to 0 for most sensors.

The current standard for phone connection uses the blue/blue-white pair instead of Red/Green - Using the CAT5 blue white pair worked pretty well even for my 150 foot run although I had more errors than standard phone cable.  Lowes charges about $25 for 250 foot of phone cable, which I think is about the same as CAT 5 on a 1000 foot roll per foot.