[wxsig] T238+, X1W-1. X1W-2 and AAG, crossed over

Rasputin Novgorod priapulus at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 16:09:19 UTC 2007

> A little history, as I remember it,   Seems like the 3rd rev of the
> AAG WX
> STN came out while the T238+ was in the final stages of going into
> kit
> production, so there wasn't much chance of modifying it.  John was
> still
> working with alpha versions of his two boards, so he hedged his bet
> and
> put the jumper options.  No one has ever come up with an explantion
> as to
> why AAG decided to be different.
>
> What can be done?

The British still drive on the wrong side of the road.

First I made a custom cable for the AAG. Got in trouble
a month later swapping cables around, and forgetting that.
So I cut the traces on my AAG and modified it to conform to
the rest of the T238+, X1W-1. X1W-2 world.

You know, it always annoyed me, that instead of using a
standard telephone cord available anywhere, to interconnect,
we have to snip off and replace the plug at on end, with
crossed over wires.

/b