[wxsig] Connecting T-238+, X1W-1, X1W-2 and AAG

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Sun Jul 8 16:24:37 UTC 2007

Hi Leon,

Sorry you are having problems. There are a couple of possibilities:

1. If you have what AAG refers to "Version 3.0" and you were originally
using only a two-wire setup (the test jumper included in AAG's kit is
two-wire - or at least it was) connecting it with 4-wire cable will
cause this to happen.

2. The jumpers set wrong on the X1W-1 and/or X1W-2 are set wrong. Again,
it's the AAG "Version 3.0" anemometer problem again. If you were using
4-wire cable and the T238+ worked with that, I suspect the two jumpers
in the kits are set to the other type. Double-check the manual
instructions.

The AAG "Version 3.0" hooked up to a T238/T238+ and/or the X1W kits
jumpered for the original Dallas unit will cause the problem you
describe. Hope this will at least give you a starting point.

In retrospect, I believe now I should not have put the jumpers in the
kits but rather given instructions on how to modify the AAG unit. In
defense of my decision, however, I feel that cutting traces on a brand
new piece of equipment is not a good thing. If you have a warranty
issue, AAG would be in their rights to refuse to honor the warranty.

John
n4xi