[wxsig] Connecting T238+, X1W-1. X1W-2 and AAG, Second Attempt

Leon Bruner leon at ljjf.net
Sun Jul 8 17:43:33 UTC 2007

John,

Thanks for sorting out the table for me- I was ready to go for round 3
but needed to complete a Sunday morning mission before I could get back
to it and you got the job done.  I've double checked your corrected
version and the interpretation is similar to that which I intended to
show.

With regard to your question about pin numbering I used the following
sources of information:

AAG schematic:
http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html?target=p_1.html&lang=en-us

AAG also has some information on pin-outs on their weather station, some
of their modules and Dallas modules in a pdf file found in their FAQ #
11.  AAGs FAQs are found at:
http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html

The schematic for the T238+ is found in the how to build section at:
http://www.beals5.com/wx/

The schematics for the X1W- units are found at:
http://www.tapr.org/~n4xi/x1w-1/ and http://www.tapr.org/~n4xi/x1w-2v2/

I've cross checked all the schematics and think I have it right.  I also
BELIEVE the pins correspond across all units - but as noted before I'm a
hobbiest so what I've given should be considered a forecast :)

I certainly appreciate everyone's help with this.  For those reading the
mail who might be considering building the T238+ and the X1W- kits I'd
say go for it.  Despite my lack of experience with kit building I found
that the instructions were very clear.  Between these good instructions
and  help from wxsig I find, to my pleasant surprise, that all three
units seem to be working fine.  The last step is to get all the parts
work together!

73,

Leon