[wxsig] Connecting T-238+, X1W-1, X1W-2 and AAG

Leon Bruner leon at ljjf.net
Tue Jul 10 11:48:49 UTC 2007

John,

The original set up that was causing me problems had jumper on the X1W-1
set across P and 2.  I used this setting because I was following down
the path of using the AAG unit with the system.  I was also using
straight through cables between the T238, X1W-1 and AAG.

I didn't test the X1W-2 in the setup just described since I didn't
complete the kit until this past weekend.

After looking at the schematics and creating the tables I circulated a
few days ago I decided to try switching the P17 jumper on the X1W-1 such
that P and 1 were shorted and crossed the cable going to the AAG.  When
that worked I decided to wire JMP3 on the X1W-2 so that the wire runs
between P and 1.  So far the configuration seems to work.

 From the comment above you'll know that I have rev2 of the X1W2.

For what it's worth, I think adding the jumpers was a good idea- we just
need to make sure we know how the RJ11s across the different units are
wired...

73,

Leon