[wxsig] wind sensor prob

William Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Mar 1 04:32:59 UTC 2007

John:

Thanks for the kind words, it is a fun project for me too.

Learning about your local digipeater setups is a bit of an art, I did a lot
of fiddling when I first got into APRS and packet in general before I found
paths that seemd to work reliably.  It was a while ago, but I seem to
remember looking at the raw data on findu (and then WinAPRS) from nearby
stations to see what paths they used.

On the DS1994 do make really sure you don't lock the device.  I remember
seeing that and saying "ooh, that is really dangerous!"  I went back and
reviewed my DS1994 instructions on the T238 users manuals and must admit
they are pretty lean.  The sequence to get local and UTC right is a little
weird.  I have Rasputin's email still as a reminder to go beef up the
instructions a bit.