[wxsig] wind sensor prob

John Vause jdv at iglou.com
Thu Mar 1 15:07:48 UTC 2007

I just tried this (had the wind sensor down to replace a wind direction
reed switch).
Once I unsoldered the temp sensor on the wind sensor board I could not
set any temp sensor in the T238 (1.15.8 firmware) setup including the
temp sensor on the humidity sensor board.

William Beals wrote:
> Rich:
>
> I don't think there's harm in leaving the sensor there.  For the times it
> really needs to digitize the temperature I do put the 1-wire bus in the
> "strong drive" mode per the device spec, so the only extra power should be
> for the 1-wire interface itself, not the temperature sensor.    It would
> certainly cut down on confusion though to see only one sensor!

*   My favorite law: The Law of Unintended Consequences   *
*                                -- John Vause            *
*  "Environmentalism as a metaphysical ideology and as a  *
*   worldview has absolutely nothing to do with natural   *
*   sciences or with the climate.                         *
*                            -- Czech Pres. Vaclav Klaus  *
*   Nothing brings out the opportunism in potential       *
*   adversaries like the appearance of being unwilling    *
*   to fight in self-defense -- John Vause                *
*   Si vis pacem, para bellum - Cicero                    *