[wxsig] Newbie question

William Beals will at beals5.com
Fri Mar 2 04:39:20 UTC 2007

Jim:

To see if it makes sense, the T238+ information is at
http://www.beals5.com/wx.  All you should need is the AAG sensor, the T238+,
and a radio as mentioned below.  The T238 takes the raw pulses and A/D
values from the sensors, converts it to human-understandable units, and does
the modem function.  I do have some extra provisioning in the T238
specifically for solar controllers, namely a control line to turn the radio
off except for the actual transmission of the weather data.  It is based on
a 6808 instead of a PIC, but all the source code is posted as well if you
want/care to make mods.

Out of curiosity, is the bouy always pointed in the same direction somehow?
If not, wind direction is going to be really squirly!