[wxsig] Radio Interference Question

Leon Bruner leon at ljjf.net
Wed May 16 02:16:45 UTC 2007

John-

I see the PPT LED light when I first plug the modem in, but have not
observed it subsequently, nor have I seen the TX light-up on the radio.
I've also cycled through the menus and have been unable to find a
setting that allows me to change the tx interval- It's very possible
that I've missed transmissions given the 5 min interval.  If anyone
knows how to force transmissions for testing purposes I'd appreciate
knowing how to do it.

With regard to the PTT requirements for the radio, the only information
I have on this is a schematic showing wiring for microphones that can be
used for the radio.  I'm a biologist by training and self taught in
electronics and reading schematics- so we need to take the following
interpretation with caution...  The schematic shows the PTT switch has 2
connections.  It looks like to me that when the PTT is pushed it
connects Microphone pin 5 to pin 6 ground.  Could I test this by
shorting microphone pins 5 and 6 (hoping it won't somehow blow the radio)?

The voltage measurements were all made without the transmitter connected.

Leon