[wxsig] Radio Interference Question

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Wed May 16 04:21:09 UTC 2007

I don't see any choices for TX frequency.  So I guess we're stuck with 5
minutes.  Need a clever way to 'capture' the event.

At this time we really don't know whether its' a PTT problem or an audio
problem.  If you have a receiver and audio recorder perhaps you could
record the audio on the frequency over a period of time and see what you
might hear.  I assume you've checked the radio with  microphone to be sure
it's not developed a problem over the years.  You'd want the monitoring
receiver to have a poor or no antenna so you don't pick up other signals.

I am a little puzzled by the low voltage reading.  If I didn't read the
schematic wrong the reading is from collector to ground of the PTT
transistor.  It should be 5 unless you have a real low impedance
voltmeter.  Of course that also depends on you having a solid +5 VDC rail.

I'm leaving in the morning for Hamvention, so I'll probably not be reading
my email very frequently.

John, W9DDD