[wxsig] Radio Interference Question

Leon Bruner leon at ljjf.net
Thu May 17 00:47:35 UTC 2007

John,,

Tonight I sat down with a glass of my favorite and a handleld radio and
kept an eye on the unit for a reasonable period of time.  I have
verified that the red PTT LED goes on approx every 5 minutes and it keys
the transmitter.  The signal from the keyed transmitter is received on
the handheld.  However, there does not appear to be any audio output
associated with the transmission.  Said another way, the radio is keyed,
a signal is transmitted but there appears to be no information going
out.  The transmission is very short- only a second or so...  So it
appears that I have an audio problem...  I'll have a look through the
manuals tonight to see if I can identify a solution.  In the meantime, I
thank you for the help and hope you're having a great time in Dayton.

Leon