[wxsig] Radio Interference Question

leon at ljjf.net leon at ljjf.net
Fri May 18 14:39:20 UTC 2007

Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I borrowed a scope from work, hooked the
ground lead of the probe to pin 4 of U101 and looked for a signal on pin 7
of U100.  When the TX LED lights there the scope shows a trace.  So,
assuming my hookup is correct, it looks like tones are being generated.
I've also tried adjusting pot R114 but still don't hear audio during
transmission.

I've looked in the archives and found a chain of messages about low audio.
 The suggested correction seems to be to change  R101 to 4.7K and C111  to
.1uf.  Does the group agree this is my next step?  To be honest I simply
don't have enough knowlege to be able to answer this question...  My radio
is an ICOM 27 H if that helps.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions.  Because of your help I think I'm
making progress.

Regards,

Leon