[wxsig] TAPR X1W-2 kit

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Thu Oct 25 00:58:28 UTC 2007

The 'sold out' is probably temporary.  Frankly I noticed I was out just
before DCC, and being short for time due to DCC prep, I took the easy
route and twiddled the bit to show no longer available.

To make the problem more complex, our parts warehouse person has had some
health issues.

We can probably get this sorted out in the next few weeks.

If someone is really desperate to have one right now, contact me and I may
be able to piece together at least the more difficult to find parts.  We
usually buy a few extra parts to account for dropping on the floor and
can't find them during kitting. (It still amazes me how far a small part
can roll ... and to where)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, John Bennett wrote:

> The X1W-1 will monitor barometric pressure.
>
> The rain gauge can be any type that provides momentary contact closure
> for each 0.01" of rain. You can order these from a variety of sources. I
> personally prefer Rainwise since they have a lifetime no-questions-asked
> replacement policy (at least they did the last time I ordered one).
>
> I didn't realize we had sold all the X1W-2s.
>
> 73, John
> n4xi
>
> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 08:52 -0700, John Yost wrote:
> > tapr
> >
> > x1
> >
> > Just went to order the x1w-2 kit only to find out that
> > it is no longer available.
> >
> > What suggestions are there for monitoring humidity
> > with the T238, also barometric pressure - is the X1W-1
> > still ok for that.
> >
> > And, what suggestion are there for rain gauges.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > john

John, W9DDD