[wxsig] Hobby Boards Barometer

Dave Barton dbarton at nettally.com
Thu Apr 10 01:29:59 UTC 2008

I am puzzled by something.  I recently bought and hooked up a Hobby
Boards barometer (B1-R1-K) and it seems to be working OK.  One thing I
am seeing is that the barometric pressures reported by FINDU almost
always have a .0 for a decimal millibar value.  In other words, 1016.0,
1017.0, 1018.0.  I have occasionally seen xxxx.1 or xxxx.2, but never
xxxx.3 through xxxx.9.  My FINDU plots (AI4GF-4) have a very jumpy
barometer chart.  The barometer is supposed to have a resolution of
0.007 in.Hg.

I looked at the raw packets and the anomaly is reflected in the raw
packet.   I have the latest firmware, 1.15.8R.

I saw a suggested mod of a resistor in parallel with R1 but have not
done that because I don't quite understand the mod.  Could this problem
somehow be related to not having done the mod?

73, Dave
AI4GF
Tallahassee, FL