[wxsig] Hobby Boards Barometer

Ken Brown Ken.A.Brown at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 10 15:36:47 UTC 2008

The problem with the pressure reading only reporting whole millibar
readings is not in the barometer but in the T238 code that converts
the reading received from the barometer to the millibar reading
transmitted.  At my station, n5kuk, I have two T238s each with a
Bray barometer. One is on APRS and one is a test unit on the bench.
Both exhibit the same problem. The problem is seen on the APRS output
but not on the displayed value in inches of mercury.  I use the APRS
T238 as a standalone with it's own tnc and radio.  On another APRS
station with WinAPRS the nice weather graph clearly shows the stair
step of the pressure reading. My units are T238 and not T238+.  On
the bench unit the reading were noted on the rad RS-232 output that
would go to a tnc in APRS service.  Both T238 units running the latest
firmware.

Ken, n5kuk