[wxsig] Array of X1W-4 sensors to detrime direction and distance ?

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 20:07:34 UTC 2008

Thank you both Gerry and Joe , I see I have some reading to do. I would love to say cost is no problem but I do need to keep cost in the hobby range which will effect how large a network and how much labor this project will get. This will mean I need to start small and once I get some results maybe request more help then. If I start small and it turns out I must have a large base line then I can expand to more sites. I'm located in Alabama and would be able to set up several sites in Birmingham,Cullman, and Arley (near smith lake) measured in Google earth that would be 23, 47, and 46 miles apart with Cullman to Arley the shorter distance. For just the feasibility part I could ignore linking the sites and review data by retrieving it physically after the fact.

My idea would be to have a PC with hard drive record data in two ways, one the stock sensor and GPS time of start and length, the other would be some record of amplitude or wave form via a modified sensor during the same time.

I will post my progress and check for comments here.