[wxsig] Barometer calibration

John Yost k3yjp at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 18:11:37 UTC 2008

Finished the  TAPR X1W-1 kit.

Followed the procedure using baromcal.exe.  That
process went well, until it wanted a barometric
reading.

I found another wx station close to me at about the
same altitude and entered their reading(1021.1mB
converted to 30.15 inHg).  So far ok.

When connected to the T238+, the reading was 30.21
which showed up as 1044mb on aprs wx site.  I adjusted
the offset to make my reading agree with or at least
in range with other stations around me.

Is there a better way to get a local pressure reading
to compare to, or is ball park close enough for this?

The calibration was done with the unit in place, on a
shelf above my desk in the basement of the house.
Didn't think that should be a factor.

Thanks for any suggests or recomendations

john
K3YJP-4
AS577