[wxsig] data string format

Dave Barton dbarton at nettally.com
Fri Jan 11 01:55:06 UTC 2008

I built a T238+ but am not getting any packets sent out on my radio.  I
wasn't getting anything with the modem, so I decided to use a KPC 3+ TNC
that I have been using.  That isn't working either.

In order to troubleshoot, I am feeding the output from the DB9 to my PC and
am using Hyperterm to capture the messages.  According to the operations
manual, the format of the data in either TNC-DIR or TNC-LTP mode should be
_MMDDHHMMcxxxsxxxgxxxtxxxPxxxrxxxhxxbxxxxxe1w, but I am getting

@101249z3027.65N/08410.73W_.../000g000t062e1w 00010F04
@101254z3027.65N/08410.73W_.../000g000t062e1w
@101259z3027.65N/08410.73W_.../000g000t062e1w
@101304z3027.65N/08410.73W_.../000g000t062e1w 010000800000FE80

which looks like month,hour, minute Zulu, latitude, longitude, THEN the
underscore, ... for missing barometric pressure(?), windws, gusts, and temp,
e1w (platform) and some debug strings.  Have I entered something incorrectly
in the setup that is garbling the output string?

I don't know why the data is in the wrong format and I don't know how to
decode the debug strings.

The search function in the TAPR archives doesn't work for me, so other than
browsing month by month, I can't find any help.

thanks for any suggestions!  I am having fun with the T238+ even without
transmitting...

Dave
AI4GF