[wxsig] data string format

Mark Patton k0yg at msn.com
Fri Jan 11 14:58:06 UTC 2008

Dave,

Congratulations on completing your T238+.  I may be able to provide some
information.

The data string you are getting is the format that would be transmitted
through the modem on APRS.  The "_" character is correct and is the APRS
symbol for a weather station.  The "..." is where the wind direction
should be.  The status string starting with "01" is broken down 2 digits
at a time.  The "80" in the status string is the error count from the
wind direction sensor.  The data on how to read this string is in the
T238+ operations manual on page 8.  This should be zero after power up
so there is some sort of problem with the wind direction indicator, or a
configuration issue.  Make sure you have the latest software loaded
before you debug any further. The kits are not shipped with the latest
software programmed into the processor.   I seem to recall that updating
my software helped resolve several issues I was having like this.

The operations manual is here: http://www.beals5.com/wx/
The latest firmware with instructions on how to load it are here:
http://www.beals5.com/wx/

Good luck!
Mark