[wxsig] RE: T238+ cpu fried?

John Yost k3yjp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 20:54:00 UTC 2008

Will,

Thanks for guidance.

This was a working unit, almost a year, working
perfectly.

Pins 1, 20 and 31  all 4.95v

P3 not installed and no solder bridges(I doubled
checked).  After your email, I tried shorting 7 & 8 to
see if it might jump start it, nah.

U1, pins 2 & 6 are 9.7 and -9.5 respectively.

I have verified that the 32MHz osc is working by
monitoring it on my IC7000.  Good strong sig from it.
Also, reheated all the solder joints just to make sure
I didn't have a bad one.

Tried, again, to load the firmware but it just sits
there waiting for the cpu to respond.

What happened.  I was connecting the X1W-1 and X1W-2
sensors and the AAG sensor to see if they all worked
together before taking it outside.

I had connected the barometer several times due to my
improper calibration.  This last time the jumper on P1
was set to EXT and caused the T238's lcd to remain
lite even when its power was disconnected.  It wasn't
on long that way, but sometimes it doesn't take long.

I didn't think I could run the debugger tools with the
32MHz osc.

More thoughts?

Sure hate when I do oop's like this, fortunately not
too often :)

john
K3YJP