[wxsig] APRS Weather Station and Digi Question

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 26 17:44:14 UTC 2008

I had a Dallas gauge and was blown-up in a lightning strike. Due to the
way they made the gauge, it was unrepairable. They are a pain to
calibrate as well.

Since you are have the X1W-1 and X1W-2, any rain gauge that has
momentary contact closure for 0.01" of rainfall will work. Rainwise has
a lifetime replacement policy and they go for $60-$70 each. Davis
Instruments also sells a similar gauge, but more expensive and no
lifetime warranty (unless they've changed their policy). The parts used
for the gauge interface are the same for both boards. You have the
option of installing them on the inside (X1W-1) or outside (X1W-2)
board.

73, John
n4xi