[wxsig] Crashing and random characters

Guy Story KC5GOI kc5goi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 22:36:37 UTC 2008

John Koster wrote:
> Would there be useable date codes on the MCU chips.  Tracking those
> against problems might be helpful.
>
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, William Beals wrote:
>

>> Guy (and all):
>>
>> Let me digest this for a bit.  While I don't know of it, there is a chance I
>> do have something on the edge from a timing or voltage level standpoint that
>> is going over the edge on the newer chips.
>>
>> will

John, that is my diagnosis.  In response to the info you requested.

Suspect chip:
Had sticker "1.15.3 or later TAPR t238"

MC68HC908GP32CP 3K08SCTQJ0433

Working chip:
Had sticker "N0XGA WxSta Ver 1.11.1"

Same processor 3J20XCTAJ0003

John, John, and Will, depending on who whats it, I can send whom ever
wants it.

Guy