[wxsig] Using T238+ with Peet Bros Ultimeter 2000

Mark Patton k0yg at msn.com
Wed Mar 5 04:52:14 UTC 2008

Hi Michael,

You might be in luck.  Since the Ultimeter 2000 is a Peet, it likely
outputs the correct format for the T-238+.  I know it outputs several
different formats.  I don't have the data from the manual on the T-238+
handy as to which mode it is looking for but some places to look are the
Peet Brothers web site.  It may be "Packet Mode" that you want.  The
data is pretty well hidden on the web site but try these links:

For data on the different formats the Ultimeter outputs see:
http://www.peetbros.com/shop/custom.aspx?recid=7

For the data on the serial outputs see:
http://www.peetbros.com/shop/custom.aspx?recid=6

I used an adapter from Radio Shack a couple of years ago to interface to
a different TNC.   It would take the RJ-11 and map it to a DB-9.  I
don't know if they still have it but it was used to extend an RS-232
line using telephone cable.  I think they let you map what pins go were
so you can hook it up correctly.   Peet sells one but it's pretty pricey
- but at least you will know what it looks like.  Theirs is at:
http://www.peetbros.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=64

I hope this helps!

Mark