[wxsig] Using T238+ with Peet Bros Ultimeter 2000

William Beals will at beals5.com
Thu Mar 6 01:52:49 UTC 2008

Michael:

The Peet format support on the T238s is a transmit function only.  That is
the T238 still gathers the data it can from sensors and then in addition to
displaying the data on the screen, can also send the data out of the serial
port in Peet format as well.  Sending data out the serial port in Peet
format is a "one of" selection, so doing so means the T238 won't be sending
APRS data out the serial port or driving the audio tones either.  You have
to pick one of the formats.

The intent for Peet support on the T238 was for folks that wanted the T238
weather station hardware, but still wanted to use their PC-based software to
process that data that accepted only Peet format.  It turns out one person
also had a remote display device that accepted Peet formatted data and was
able to have the T238 drive data to that display.

If some people implied the T238 could *receive* data from a Peet-based
weather station and convert it to APRS, I am sorry to say they were
incorrect.  Sorry.

Your suggested setup below sounds pretty good--even though it clearly isn't
what you were expecting!