[wxsig] Using T238+ with LaCrosse Technology Wx Station

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Mar 6 03:05:52 UTC 2008

One project you might be interested in is wview, a linux implementation
for the Davis VP2 and Viasala WXT-510.  OK, cool enough, and it's for
Linux.  BSD.  Mac. Solaris.  Cool.

But, if you were to reflash a Linksys NSLU2 for Linux, add a flash stick
of a gigabyte, and a USB/serial adapter, and use THAT in place of the
PC, it's pretty cool, too.

Still, T238 is a neat project.

Will, I'd like to start entertaining other formats.  APRSese lacks a
little resolution for real met activities.  Any interest in starting a
dialog for what it'd take to generate a new plan, perhaps
standards-based (OGC SWE/SOS for the google-inclined)?

73 gerry