[wxsig] Transmit problem with T-238+ Modem

Michael Dzado m.dzado at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 14 01:45:15 UTC 2008

Hi Will

Thank you for your reply.

I tried my Kenwood TH-D7A(G) using its internal TNC and a GPS from the same
physical location and antenna.  It gets to the IGate and my data shows up on
FindU.  It was suggested to me that I may not have signal level on the modem
audio output set properly.  Do you have any suggestions on how to measure
it?

I have several questions:
Is the baud rate in modem mode set at 1200 or is it selectable?  If its
selectable, how do I set it to 1200?

The GPS coordinates are 4202.877N 9134.466W.  I wasn't able to set a decimal
between 42 and 02 or 91 and 34.  It took 4 digits as an input.  Should the
input be 0042.05N and 91.57W?

Can you send me the link for 1.16.0?  I only found 1.15.8 online.

I appreciate your help.  It's a great learning experience for me.

Thank you
Michael